If you own or manage a commercial facility, you have to consider in-house vs. contract cleaning. Keeping in-house cleaners on your staff is the more traditional option, but janitorial outsourcing offers many benefits for your business. Let’s consider these two options and discuss how a custodial services contract can improve your business.
The cleaning solution you choose needs to fit your building and your business. Neither option is right or wrong, but one may suit your business better than the other, so it’s best to weigh the pros and cons of each one. Let’s look at each option’s advantages.
In-house cleaning services provide the following advantages:
- Increased Security: An internal cleaning staff is made of employees you hire and onboard. They become familiar with your security procedures and execute them better over time. You also always know which cleaners are in your building and where they are.
- Familiarity: In-house cleaners become more familiar with your facility over time, and it’s their sole focus. Outsourced cleaners, on the other hand, visit different facilities all the time. Your in-house cleaners learn the ins and outs of areas within your building and what their cleaning needs are, performing their cleaning tasks accordingly.
- Flexibility: Since in-house cleaning staff is at your facility all the time, they’re available to clean areas of your facility as soon as something spills or a problem occurs. Outsourced cleaners often can’t catch cleaning issues that happen between their shifts until they arrive for their next shift.
You might be wondering: “Why outsource my cleaning services when I can hire a couple of staff members?” Take a look at the advantages of outsourced cleaning:
- Trained Professionals: When you hire an in-house cleaner, they may or may not have any previous experience in commercial cleaning. But if you partner with a commercial cleaning company like Pro Squared, you receive thorough and effective services from trained and certified cleaning professionals.
- Customized Services: Any in-house cleaner you hire most likely delivers a few basic cleaning services. On the other hand, an outsourced commercial cleaning company delivers a whole range of services. These companies often allow you to customize your custodial services contract to include only the services your facility needs. For example, if your building has hard floors with no carpets, you can adjust your contract to include hard floor cleaning services, but not carpet cleaning services.
- Availability: While in-house cleaners can drop everything and fix a cleaning issue as soon as it occurs in your building, they still take sick days and paid time off like all other employees. Commercial cleaning companies, however, are always available to send a team to your facility whenever you need it.
- Cost Effectiveness: Outsourcing your janitorial services and other cleaning services often saves you money in the long run. When you use services from a cleaning company, you don’t have the costs for recruiting cleaners. You also don’t have to provide new hire training, salaries, sick days, or benefits to the cleaners. Overall, you generate cost savings by investing in the cleaning services you receive but keeping the cleaners off your payroll.
Talk to us today to start outsourcing your janitorial cleaning services.
When you outsource your cleaning services to us, we use our comprehensive approach to deliver the best cleaning solutions for your commercial building. We work with a wide range of industries and tailor our services to meet your facility’s specific needs.
Ready to outsource your cleaning services? Connect with us today to develop your cleaning contract. We’re prepared to customize our services to meet your needs, so you always have a clean and comfortable place to run your business.